Articles submitted for publication must be original (i.e., they must not have been published in other journals, but may have been presented at congresses) and cover subjects in the following areas:
- Presentation of new research methodologies or techniques that allow the use of data or information in the decision-making process of organizations;
- Application of research methodologies or techniques in decision-making of organizations;
- Presentation of research whose results are relevant to professionals or organizations involved with marketing, public opinion or media research;
- Reports of cases in which the regular use of information positive and significantly influenced the planning and (or) the strategy of organizations;
- Development of new theories, methodologies or techniques or methodologies or theories validation existing techniques and relevant to the marketing, media and public opinion research, as the basis of the use of empirical research;
- Review of the scientific literature using systematic methods to identify, select and critically appraise relevant studies in the areas of marketing, media and public opinion research.
Appraisal desk review
The process of evaluation of articles submitted to PMKT is performed in two sequential steps: the desk review and the peer triple review.
In the desk review, the Chief Editor, without any identification of the authors submitted articles to assess their relevance to the scope of the journal and it’s potential to contribute significantly to the knowledge in the field of marketing research, opinion and media.
After this initial assessment, the Chief Editor may suggest changes to the article so much as regards the content of the subject and methodology used, the adequacy of the regulations text writing and filing of the American Psychological Association (APA)1.
When the article submitted is not aligned to the policies or editorial standards of the magazine will be returned to the author (s), you are notified of the decision within 60 days from the date of submission.
The articles adopted in the previous step - desk review - are referred to three of the evaluators of the Scientific Review Committee for review at magazine Triple Blind Review system.
Reviewers are professors and researchers associated with the graduate programs in the strict sense of national or foreign educational institutions and have minimum degree of PhD.
The Chief Editor may or may not accept an article after the same have been evaluated by the system (Triple Blind Review), which ensures anonymity and confidentiality of both the author (and authors) and the reviewers.
When the reviewers suggest adjustments to the article, authors will be given at the discretion of the Chief Editor, a period of 30 days for the incorporation of suggestions and fixes required.
After the completion of the suggested adjustments and observation of these by the Chief Editor, articles are submitted to spelling, grammar and revision of the standards adopted by the magazine and the publishing end of the document.
The completion of this process does not imply the immediate publication of the article, and the Chief Editor, according to the editorial policies, draw up the guidelines and decide on the appropriate time for the publication. Articles which are not published will be available immediately in Ahead of Print (type of early publication of the approved articles). The texts are available in final format, i.e. with the spelling grammar review and publishing completed.
Evaluation Criteria -The evaluations are made in a standardized evaluation form, in which notes are assigned to various evaluation items, and there is room for comments, which are forwarded to the author (s) in case of accepted parole, corrections or refusal.
The evaluation will be carried out in respect of:
- Actuality of the theme – The editorial line of PMKT, originality, impact, interest and applicability to the theory and/or practice of research;
- Clarity of objectives – Should not leave doubts about the nuclear element of the article;
- Methodological adequacy – Methodology used must be suitable for the research problem;
- Methodological correction - Correct application of the methodology used;
- Clarity in development - Adequate integration between goals, theories, methodologies, results and conclusions;
- Analyses and results – Presentation and discussion of the analysis and results;
- Conclusions – Basement and correction in relation to the objective (s) and the results obtained;
- Limitations and suggestions – Presentation of the limitations and restrictions on research and suggestions for new studies on the subject;
- Illustrations – Adequacy of figures, tables, frames and graphics to enable better understanding of the text;
- Attendances editorial standards of scientific publications of American Psychological Association (APA);
- Essay-Adequacy, correctness, clarity and objectivity.
Results of the evaluation - Articles assessed may have the following results:
- Approved without restrictions, being forwarded for publication;
- Approved with restrictions, being returned to the author (s) to be improved and subjected to re-evaluation;
- Does not pass, being returned to the author, together with their reasons for the rejection.
Redacionais and formatting requirements
Approved articles will be published in Portuguese and English.
Articles sent for submission must be written in Portuguese. Authors in other languages must arrange translation into Portuguese.
The approved version of the article in Portuguese will be forwarded to the author (s) to provide (m) version for the English, to be published in both languages.
Articles should meet the following wording and formatting requirements:
First page (not counted in the article)
- Title of article, with all-capitalized key words and small transitional words.
- Data from each author (allowed the maximum of four authors per article):
- Full name;
- CPF (for Brazilians);
- Mini CV (maximum five lines);
- Main institution that works with position/function;
- Email, contact phones and full professional address;
- Number of curriculum Lattes if you have.
Second page (not counted in the article)
- Title of the article, with the main words in uppercase and lowercase binding words;
- Agency or funding institution of study when there is;
- Summary of the article with 10 (minimum) to 15 (maximum) lines, in a single paragraph, in Portuguese and English;
- Keywords for three (minimum) to 5 (maximum), in Portuguese and English.
- The body text of the article should be started on the third page and should not have its author (s) identified explicitly or hidden in your body, under pain of being refused.
- Text editor Word of Office 97 or later;
- Layout the text in the normal style (column 1);
- Text font: Times New Roman, size 12;
- Source for tables, figures, tables and footnotes: Times New Roman, size 10;
- Illustrations (tables, figures, tables) can be colored, but must maintain the same size and font (Times New Roman, size 10);
- Paper size A4 (29.7 x 21 cm);
- Page numbering in the lower right corner;
- Top and bottom margins of 3 cm;
- Left and right margins of 2 cm;
- 1.25 cm header;
- Text aligned to the margin (without indentation) and with a space between a paragraph and another;
- Simple line spacing (for formulas of 1.5 cm);
- Normal spacing between characters;
- Justified alignment;
- In the case of article have more than one author, it is necessary to inform, on the last page of the article, after the bibliographical references, which the contribution of each author to their preparation.
Text elements and number of pages
The size of the article, including references should have maximum 20 A4 size pages and should be so organized:
- Presentation or introduction;
- Literature review or state of art;
- Methodology (s);
- Analysis and results.
- Conclusions and recommendations;
- Research limitations and suggestions for further research;
- References should be presented in alphabetical order at the end of the article, according to American Psychological Association (APA);
- Should only be mentioned in References the authors that were cited in the text;
- All references or quotes should be mentioned in the text according to the alphabetic system (author-date).
Check for Submission
Submissions that are not in accordance with the standards will be returned to the authors.
As part of the submission process, authors must check compliance of the submission for all items listed below:
- The file must be in Microsoft Word format;
- Foreign words should be spelled in italics, while neologisms or unusual renderings should be notated in bold;
- The identification of authorship of the work must be removed from the file and the Properties option in Microsoft Word;
- Is allowed a maximum of four authors for each article;
- The pictures, tables, charts, and illustrations should present their respective captions, citing the source according to the American Psychological Association (APA);
- Units of measure should follow the standards of the international system (SI), prepared by the International Bureau of weights and measures (BIPM) [www.bipm.org];
- The article must be written correctly in grammatical terms. Reviewers will not make corrections.
When submitting the article for evaluation, the author (s) is (are) tacitly authorizing its publication, if approved.
The author (s) should be aware that, when submitting the article to the journal for publication, will be (are) automatically yielding, at no charge, your copyright to the magazine, if approved and published.
The author (s) guarantee that the article subjected to evaluation is original and unpublished. Is reserved for the Chief Editor the right adjusting text and fitness articles to publication standards.
The author (s) is (are) responsible for the content of the article submitted to the magazine.
The magazine as well as its Chief Editor and/or any individual or institution linked to their collegiate bodies assume no responsibility for the opinions, ideas, concepts and positions expressed in the texts, because they are the sole responsibility of its author (or authors).
Article submission methods
The articles must be sent scanned to Madalena de Macedo Vicente, to e-mail email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fauze Najib Mattar – Chief Editor